Sunday 25 September 2011

Welcome!

It will get better, I promise...

So, whats this all about?  Im a busy working woman in my, alas, late thirties, with a daughter, cat and partner all wanting feeding (not always in that order) and to put it simply, I love cooking.  I didn't always love it, it has sneaked up on me over the last few years and now I'm told Im quite good at it!  I'm a practical woman so weeknights I do simple, made-from-scratch family meals and then at weekends I go a bit mad trying out this and that. 

I don't have a fancy kitchen with triple ovens, belfast sink or Kitchen Aid (although I have placed an order to Santa for that); I've got a small galley kitchen in my cosy wee Housing Association flat near the centre of Glasgow, with the basics covered and not much more!  I save where I can and invest a little more in good quality stuff where it matters.  Making something out of nothing is a bit of a speciality of mine, basically I try to do great things with modest means. 

I will post recipes, experiments and musings on a fairly regular basis, so feel free to pop by for a cuppa sometime...

No comments:

Post a Comment